Kelly Cullen Community

Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation

SF’s former Central YMCA building (1909-10) has been converted to 172 units of permanent housing and supportive service space. The ground floor is largely occupied by a Department of Public Health clinic for residents of Tenderloin supportive housing. (Clinic photos are shown under Community/Civic.) Street facades and several of the original common spaces have been restored to their original grandeur. The monumental entry stair, removed at some point during the building’s history, has been reconstructed similar to the original. (photos: Mark Luthringer)